Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Conferences

I've been doing a lot of traveling lately. Last week, I spent two days back in Ames, attending a training session for the Iowa Veterinary Rapid Response Team (IVRRT) and one day of the Iowz Veterinary Medicine Association (IVMA) annual conference. The IVRRT meeting was filled with government-speech, which was not altogether unexpected. The IVMA meetings were interesting, though. I spent to morning in the equine sessions in which Dr. Wendy Vaala was speaking about foals. The afternoon I spent in the small ruminant sessions, listening to the clearly brilliant and highly intelligent Dr. David Pugh.

This last weekend, I went up to Minneapolis, MN, to a feline conference. Feline-expert Dr. Gary Norsworthy from San Antonio, TX, gave a talk on many topics from diabetes to renal insufficiency to heart problems. It was a great conference, and one that I would highly recommend to any vets/techs who have not been to one of his talks. It was highly informative and useful!

No comments: