Thursday, September 3, 2009

As a Matter of Fact.....

Last weekend I was on-call. Overall, it was a fairly quiet weekend, though I had a few I needed to go in on. Sunday afternoon I was called into the clinic for a nonemergent call (a client needed to drop a dog off for further workup for the next day, and something had come up that would prevent them from doing so on Monday). Waldi was very eager to go on a car ride, so I took him along with. He was perched on my lap, front paws on my left arm as he stared eagerly out the window. I had the window down as it was a lovely day.

While stopped at a fairly busy intersection, an SUV pulled up alongside. The driver rolled down the passenger-side window as well as one of the back windows so her kids could see him. Waldi was fairly quivering with overstimulation...kids, cars driving by, people talking to him...how exciting.

"What a cute dog!" the lady said. "He looks like he is nervous. It's Sunday! You don't need to worry that you are going to the vet or something!"

The light changed...and we headed off to the vet! ;)

No comments: