Sunday, April 1, 2007

Vassa Warship

This is not related to critters at all, but I think it is very interesting! This ship was built in the 1600s but capsized and sank essentially right after launch. Due to the local water conditions of the Baltic sea where it sank, it was fantastically preserved. It was recovered in one piece in the 1950s, and is on display in Stockholm, Sweden.

In other news, I have finished my externship at the Henry Doorly Zoo and am now back in Ames for a few days. As you have probably gathered from all of the posts, I had a fantastic time and learned a lot. It was a great opportunity, and I am very thankful to the staff their who provide such an opportunity for students. I will certainly post more zoo-related posts in the future about other topics and experiences I had while there. Additionally, I'm heading off for more capering at a mixed animal practice in Wisconsin, so I'm certain to have some interesting stories from that, so stay tuned.

No comments: